Sunday, July 25, 2010

Beyonce, Why don't you love me?

Ok, so I've been a Destiny's Child fan since Writings on the Wall back in 1999. Seriously, you can throw on any DC3 joint and I'll be bumpin' in no time. Really. Kelly was always my favorite, because she was the tallest, like me. Also, I always thought she was underratedly gorgeous. Like, stunning. Eventually Destiny's Child broke up and the girls pursued their solo dreams. Beyonce became the international superstar that she is now after a bumpy start with B'Day. Wish the Sasha Fierce alter-ego-slash-album released, Beyonce blew up. And so did her ego. But frankly, who can blame the girl? She's got millions of dollars, a gorgeous body, beautiful voice, and intense stage presence, not to mention one of the biggest names in the whole hip hop game in Jay-Z as a HUSBAND. I'd be pretty damn bigheaded myself if I had even just two out of the four. Anyways, her new single/music video for "Why Don't You Love me?" is about as bigheaded as you can get. I mean, she asks, "Why don't you love me when I make me so easy to love" and then she says, "I've got beauty, I've got class, I've got style, and I've got ass" I mean, really B? I know you're Sasha Fierce and all, but shit. Regardless of the pompousness of the lyrics, god damn the video is fire.

I'm totally a sucker for the 50s, the pin-up girl, the homemaker, the old-fashioned script type, the fuzzy unsaturated picture color quality. It's just so fun and funky and sexy. And boy does Beyonce ramp up the sexy in this video. I don't know about you, but I fucking love it. Alright, enough intro, see for yourself, and tell me what you think in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment