Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Vanity of vanities

So I just added a live traffic feed to my blog so that way I could look and see about how many hits my blog is getting on any one day in particular. I think I'm becoming more and more like Joe at www.joseph-gutierrez.com in that I am becoming more and more interested in becoming an internet superstar. Unfortunately I'm pretty certain that no one reads my blog. Bummer. But maybe one day I'll become popular, after extensive k-pop blogging and other meaningless drivel that the larger population usually deems interesting.

Also, this week I've been getting Birthday things! Last Friday I got my first card. Then, yesterday, stuffed in my little mailbox which, by the way, is perhaps the least secure way of sorting and providing mail that I have ever seen, was a package from Paigey! I haven't opened it yet, and I haven't even cheated and read the customs form yet so I can be surprised by the package on my birthday. I did notice however that there was some strange tape job on the envelope that seemed pretty uncharacteristic of my meticulous, if not somewhat obsessive-compulsive friend, Paige, so I looked and that and discovered that this package had the honor of being the first package sent to me that was opened and searched by customs agents. Paige assures me that there is nothing in that package search-worthy, but I suspect it was probably the crack pipe she sent me along with the hash she packed into a stuffed teddy bear. I told her it wasn't worth it, but people just don't seem to listen to me...

Then today at lunch, a lady who works in our main office came up to one of the Korean English teachers and whispered somethings and my co-teacher told me that I had a package in the office. In fact, I had TWO packages: one from Sar-bear and the other from the 'rents. The package from Mom & Dad was big, but not too heavy, which is a relief because when they shipped Christmas stuff, it was so heavy. I cheated and opened a couple of things, but I won't say what because my parents read this (I think) so I don't want them too know too much.

Anyways, my apartment is a wasteland right now. So much laundry to do before I jet off to Jeju this weekend.

Yep that's right, I'm headed off to Jeju this weekend, suckers! The Hawai'i of Korea, as it's so famously called, where I will get to kick back and relax and enjoy my time... oh, no, wait, that's right, I'm going to play in a savage nines tournament and get my ass kicked by the weather and the exercise and the work and the drinking. Perfect.

This is the part of Jeju I won't see.

This is what I will see.

xoxo
A

3 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I read every post. :) BUT your little live traffic feed, of which I have on my craft blog (www.sew-thrifty.blogspot.com) will never know it.

    I use google reader and anyone else who does, or uses some other form of RSS reader will elude your counter. Don't want you to think we don't love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. live feed weirds me out. also, i usually read yours on my google reader (also why i don't comment so often b/c it's less convenient .) but i do check reader everyday-- but livefeed won't pick that up. :/

    have fun this weekend!

    also, shannon's post totally came up between me opening a comment box and submitting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll be honest, this live traffic feed is kind of creepy. i don't check your blog everyday, but i catch up on old posts when i do check it.

    p.s. those fields look super sweet!

    ReplyDelete