Thursday, April 29, 2010

Movies

So, yesterday, my co-teacher and I went to go see the G-Dragon Shine a Light Concert movie at the CGV Theater near Incheon City Hall. Believe it or not, this was my first movie theater experience in Korea. I know, I know, I've lived here for over 8 months and I'm only just now seeing my first movie? Yeah, well, some of you may know that I'm not really a movie person. The only reason I ever watched movies in high school/university is because of Craig. Craig was a total movie guy and I just went along. hah. I just don't really like movies. The plots and characters never really stick with me for any time at all. People always ask me if I've seen this movie or that movie, and frankly, I don't really know because I can't remember. It's a problem i have.

However, the GDragon concert movie was much easier to get behind because there is no plot to remember, and there is a very limited cast of characters. Granted, there were lots of special guests, including Teddy, CL, Dara, and ALL of BigBang (omgomgomgomgomg) but, I already know these people, almost intimately (they don't know me, but I know them... weird). GD had costume change galore, with two all-white outfits, an all red jacket and pants ensemble, a sweet jacket that was white orange and yellow (if memory serves), a ridiculous black outfit with a GIGANTIC BOW (omg, this was my favorite thing), and a black tee with a black vest with feathers. I love this man. He's so cute when he makes his little faces, but then so sexy and hard when he raps or gets really intense. Gaaaaaaah. Also, Taeyang was a special performer for Korean Dream and Look Only at Me (나만 바라봐) and it was wonderful.

Oh, and did I mention that I got a cool mini movie poster which I will be putting up in my room to continue the Big Bang shrine.

As far as movie theaters go, the CGV is by far the nicest I've been in. In addition to your standard movie theater fare, you could also eat at A Twosome Place or the foodcourt one floor below which has McDonalds, KFC, Baskin Robins, CanMore(<-- English!), or a number of Korean places with Mandu, Ramyeon (that's k-spelling of Ramen), Sundae (not ice cream), and a number of other things. Also, you can go to the arcade, which is about 5xs the size of a typical American Movie Theater arcade, and much better lit. Also, you can do a little shopping in the Movie Theater's gift shop (that's right, the movie theater has a a gift shop), which features toys, stuffed animals, trinkets and other chotchskies (thanks Ali!) that are typical from Japan, but occasionally from SK itself. We're talking Dragonball-Z figurines, stuffed Totoro dolls, phone charms galore, post-it notes shaped like dog bones, toast, fried eggs, or pineapples, and other various goodies. Plus, a Samsung Store, in case you want to indulge in a new Corby F that our beautiful 2ne1 girls promote during the movie previews, a video camera (because you were so inspired by the cinematography in the movie Kick Ass), or a new laptop to edit your future oscar-winner. Seriously, it's like a mini shopping center.

I almost purchased a stuffed version of this guy. He's so effing cute!!

Today is my birthday and mid-term exams for my students. They are stressing and I am relaxing. My co-teacher gave me a kick-ass Hello Kitty pillow thing for my chair for my birthday. This is the same co-teacher who loves BigBang and took me to go see GD's concert AND went to see Brian McKnight with me and Miranda. She is the best ever!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm doing a Snoopy dance and mentally baking a checkerboard cake for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete