Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rough

So I wouldn't say this has been my best week ever, but I'm hoping it will get better. I think my new lesson which starts tomorrow and runs through next Wednesday is pretty tight and well-made, and I'm hoping it really enforces the lesson that I taught last week and increases their ability as they continue to use the how often construction and its appropriate responses.

Aside from my general optimism regarding the upcoming lesson, my week has certainly been less than stellar so far. To start on Sunday, I simply didn't get anywhere near all the things that I had wanted to accomplish done. My to-do list is about a kilometer long (hey, you like that i've switched to metric these days?) especially since buying my computer has induced a flurry of file transfers, important application downloads and general orientation to the new operating system.

Then, starting Tuesday and lasting through Friday are parent visitation days in which any parent can come to classes to observe at any time. It's a little nerve-wracking, and I've felt obliged to dress nicely, although I'm throwing that one to the dogs tomorrow, when I will wear jeans, and i don't care what minji's mom says about it. This is just stressful knowing that parents are watching you and evaluating you and then reporting to the school their impressions.

Then, on Tuesday night, after finally transferring all my music files to itunes on the macbook, I attempted to sync my ipod. Naturally, it totally didn't work and got all effed up and cause itunes to freeze and subsequently cause finder to freeze thereby making it impossible to eject my ipod either via itunes or manually through the desktop/finder/disk eject.  So I tried about a million more times and my ipod is currently sitting on my coffee table restored to factory settings, with a full battery charge and absolutely no music on it whatsoever. Evidently my computer can not read my ipod. FML. So on Saturday morning before frisbee I suppose I may be headed to the apple store to inquire about what the hell is wrong. Unless it miraculously starts working again suddenly. Not likely.

After finally following asleep in the dress I wore to work on Tuesday, I managed to have easily the most terrifying dream series. I would wake up nauseous and terrified and fall back asleep and my dream would restart essentially wherever I left off. What was my dream about, exactly? Oh, you know, my father was killing everyone in my family and circle of close friends in gruesome and horrifying murders. For example, severing legs off, crushing with rocks, and attempting to suffocate me by spraying hairspray in my face for like hours. God. It was terrifying. In my dream, I tried to call 911, but they didn't believe me so they didn't come.

Lately I have been so so tired, and it's bizarre because last week I slept so well, and now it's just disappeared, and I can't sleep through the night to save my life. On Monday night, I woke up about a dozen times to run to the bathroom, sick and nauseous. On Tuesday night, night terrors. What'll be tonight, fate?

1 comment:

  1. Not getting good sleep sucks. Try to do some exercise (if you can squeeze it in); it'll help your stress, too! Running has been my lifesaver the past 5 weeks.

    ReplyDelete