Monday, November 16, 2009

Rescued.

I was sure that today was going to be a disaster from the moment I stepped foot inside my school, but things were salvaged nicely.

It was very cold this morning (25 degrees when I woke up, getting as warm as 36-38 or so by midday), and I was excited to wear my winter coat for the first time. I had a cute outfit, and even had time to do my hair and put on make-up, so I was feeling good. Got McDonalds for breakfast which is bad for me, but so delicious for my tummy. It was terrible walking there and to school, but I managed it.

However, I've been stressing for a couple days because one of my co-teachers gave me her flash drive so I could put the video and a copy of the picture of the girls with Mike on it (she was in charge of organizing our group). I had put the photo and video on the flash drive a while ago when she first gave it to me (the week before Halloween), but somehow I had misplaced it and couldn't find it. I hadn't told her and I she had asked me for it on Friday and I was planning to do a last sweep of my apartment for it before I told her I had lost it. So I have been stressing hard about that, because it's so irresponsible of me, and I was really disappointed and felt pretty bad about it.

Then, I get into school and run into my main co-teacher from whom I usually pick up the key to the English zone where my office and classroom are, but she said to me, you have the key right? You didn't drop it off on Friday. Naturally, I didn't have the key, and moreover, I had no idea where the key was (usually when I take it home, I put it on my keychain, but it wasn't there), so I was pretty much 0-2 on the day, and it was only 8:30 a.m. She went to look for a spare key while I scowered my purse for the key.

While looking for the key, however, I pulled out my spare balloon from Dream Concert and bundled up in it was none other than my co-teacher's flash drive that I had thought I lost. In truth I had put it where i meant to, but it had gotten wrapped up by the balloon so I hadn't noticed it before. This meant that I was only missing one important thing (the key to my classroom) instead of just one thing.

I was still really stressed about the key because I'm not supposed to take it home, and my co-teacher can get in trouble for letting me take it home and then I lost it, and so I was really nervous about where it was in my apartment, if it was in my apartment.

However, my day was all uphill from there, including ddeokbokki for lunch (omg, so delicious, my favorite), and two awesome notes from my students Yu Eun-bin (or, as she asked to be called, Movie Star Eun-bin) and Jaeyeong, or Rachel, which is her English name. The note Eun-bin wrote me had pictures drawn of me and her and it was SO CUTE. There is one picture of me in my signature headband (I wear a headband almost every day) with a voice bubble saying "Teacher like~ spaghetti, orange color, spring, hip-hop music, April 29th (teacher's birthday), and Eun-bin" And then she drew a picture of me listening to my ipod (which I often do during my planning time) and then another that is supposed to be a polaroid of us together. I'm wearing my North Face Fleece (which I had been wearing a LOT the last few weeks) and her in the school uniform, and both of us tossing up peace signs and under my picture is says "tall~^_^" and under hers it says short T_T and it was SO PRECIOUS.

Then, after school I got home and discovered that I had the classroom key in my apartment, in the pocket of the pants i wore on Friday. What a relief!

Then went to On The Map with a big group and had a bacon cheeseburger and potato chips and then went to a waffle and ice cream place that was SO DELICIOUS and then went to Juan underground and bought cozy socks, and now here I am, in a cozily heated apartment, listening to my jams and responding to the notes I got today. It turned out SO PERFECT today. *^___^*

These things single-handedly solved all the problems I was having this morning. Yay!
xoxo,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment