Wednesday, November 18, 2009

MAIL!

Today I got a package from my sister! It was awesomely awesome!

Included in the package was:

1. Toothpaste. Here in Korea, toothpaste doesn't have flouride and the water doesn't have flouride, so everyone's teeth are rotting. Seriously. Half my students have a mouth full of cavities and the other half have visibly rotting teeth. And, since I don't want my teeth going the way of the average Korean citizen, Melly sent me some flouride-tastic Aquafresh.

2. VELVETA MACARONI AND CHEESE. Not one box, but TWO! oh. my. god. It looks so delicious and I have to be smart about eating it. I border on having no self-control, but I am restraining myself the best I can, in order to savor the cheesy goodness.

3. Hello Kitty dry-erase message board. This will be the perfect addition to a Korean classroom. I'm thinking about getting a suction cup hook and making it a sign on my office door.

4. Hello Kitty hair ties. oh my god so cute. I will wear them tomorrow.

5. VS pink underwear. I made the unforutnate decision to change preferred underwear choices (AE to VS) immediately before moving to Korea, where VS no longer exists (but rip-off pink stores do, but they only sell sweatpants and sweatshirts). As such, I've been meaning to expand my collection of VS underwear, but have yet been unable too. CUTE underwear from sissy!

6. A puzzle. I will bring it to school and do it during my free time, and allow students to work on it. I am going to be the most kickass teacher at my school.

So, yeah, THANKS MELLY! Shout out to the best sister a gal could ask for!

After school, I went to the Family Mart for coffee (as per usual) and the boy (that I am madly in love with) that works there asked me what the package was, and I said it was from my sister, and he said, "you look really happy" and I was like uh, yeah, my sister is the best and I am in love with you. Okay, so I didn't say that last part, but I did say the first part. ^^

What a wonderful day.

It's freezing cold today. As a type this (at 5:30 p.m.) the temperature is 34 degrees, feels like 28. When I woke up this morning, it was 19. God, someone kill me.

1 comment:

  1. I bought Arm and Hammer toothpaste from Costco, but I don't know if it has flouride in it. Now I'm nervous! I should never have come over here without toothpaste, the stuff here is awful! It's horrible how many kids already have a mouthful of silver teeth or black rotting spots all over. Ew!

    But getting boxes from home is awesome! My mom said she's sending SEVEN boxes of Mac n Cheese omg I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete