Monday, June 1, 2009

Summertime is funtime.

So this weekend has been sunshine and poolside relaxing.

The Islands of Adventure trip with the ELI got canceled, so my Saturday suddenly freed up. I was pretty disappointed to not be going to IOA, because I've never been before (crazy, right?) but I did have a pretty relaxing day which was really nice.

I went to the mall in the morning to run some errands. I had a free VS panty coupon to cash in, a bunch of cards to buy for anniversaries, father's day, etc., plus I needed new lotion (rainkissed leaves from bath & body works is AMAZING), and a new pair of pants to wear to my interview because my old pair are too short. I'm also in the process of trying to find a shirt to wear underneath the jacket. So far, I'm not having much luck in that department.

Anyhow, the Sephora in the Oaks mall is open and I explored around there for a bit. OMG, it's so fabulous.

Then, I went to the Estates pool around 1:30 and hung out there till 5:30 or so. Played some pool volleyball & basketball. Pool basketball was fun until these random guys started playing that were SO sketchy and gross.

Today, hit up the pool for an hour or so, and more or less just hung out around the apartment. I am getting pretty tan, which is, I guess, exciting. So far I've avoided any real sunburns (knock on wood), but the summer has really only just begun. Hopefully by the time I get to Colombia, I'll be tan enough to sort of fit in, in spite of my blonde hair. ha.

All in all, a good weekend.

So, I leave for Colombia in 23 days. I need a backpack (like, a big one) for everything, since we'll be moving around a fair amount within Colombia, and I don't want to have to carry around a duffel bag or a suitcase. The problem is, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. I've been on some websites, but I have no idea what siza bag I should get. Obviously, I want something that I'll be able to use a bunch, but it has to be small enough to be a carry-on. Any suggestions or knowledge would be greatly appreciated in that regard...

xoxo,
A

1 comment:

  1. I have a Kelty backpack I bought at Sports Authority that I used all throughout Italy with my brother. I loved it then and I still use it now. Check out that brand!

    See you soon :) :)

    ReplyDelete