Monday, June 8, 2009

It's been a while.

So it's been a little while since I really had an opportunity to post on this bad boy. I've been really busy trying to prep for my interview in Atlanta and for mini-vacay in Colombia.

So after I found out about the interview, it occurred to me that I did not have a pair of pants that were legitimately long enough to wear to a formal interview like the one I have. So, I immediately logged onto gap.com to look at pants. I had to go to the store at the oaks mall to try a pair on to make sure they worked with my jacket, etc. and they did, but I still had to order them because I wear stupid extra-long pants, which are only available online. So I did that, plus bought a couple other cute shirts, plus cards and lotion and a number of other things I've been needing. I also went into the Sephora, which is like a little miniature version of heaven for me. Luckily, I kept my composure and bought nothing.

Then I quickly went to work trying to find a backpack to bring to Colombia. Something lightweight, sturdy, but small enough to carry-on and somewhat less expensive, as my funds are running awfully low these days.

I decided on a The North Face backpack, 40 Liters, seafoam green. The color isn't fantastic, but the women's backpacks in the size I needed were all either bright red or pastel colors. So I ordered that and am praying that it gets to my house before I leave. There is a slight chance it won't, so the best I can do is keep my fingers crossed.

Work and tutoring are all about the same. Lots of running around, lots of frantic preparations, lots of reading. I found a great website with lots of ideas that will hopefully be pretty helpful.

This weekend I went to Club Southerns in Statesboro, GA, which was really fun, but exhausting. It was just a one-day tournament, and we went with a bunch of Gainesville people, just kind of a slapdash team, but we went 2-2 on the day, losing to Ozone's teams (as expected) and beating the other two teams (alloy and Ga. Southern).

On Tuesday I leave for Atlanta, and on Wednesday I interview at 2:30. I'm excited, but also super nervous that I'm going to blow the interview and be jobless. Whatever happens, happens, I guess. Que sera, sera.

That's all for now I suppose.

xoxo,
A

2 comments:

  1. You'll do amazing in your interview! And I also still have that inflatable volleyball in the backseat of my car... did you want it back?

    ReplyDelete