Friday, May 15, 2009

My sleeping schedule has gone to hell. I am wide awake right now, at 12:30, but I have to be up by 9 a.m. to prep tutoring, go to meetings, maybe hit the pool (wishful thinking?), go to tutoring, play at summer league, grab some dinner, go to Pavalicious's birthday party, and then get ready to hit the road for home for Kelly's wedding.

Which leads me to my next topic: Kelly's wedding. Besides my brother, which was crazy enough as it was, Kelly is the first person around my age to be getting married. It's pretty mind-boggling, thinking to myself, hey, that could have been me. I mean I never, at any point, expected to be getting married a mere two weeks after my college graduation, but for quite some time, I was hoping for within the year. And now here I am, single as can be, with not a care in the world about marriage or families or any of that domesticated "lady-like" stuff.

Instead, I'm fretting about how much I'm (not) getting paid, taking care of the building mountain of mail I must respond to, figuring out exactly what my weekly drinking limits are, scraping by on minimal preparation for tutoring, and eating way way too much McDonalds for my own liking (no joke, I had McDonalds twice last night alone. I was disgusted by myself, much as you should be too).

In other news, I'm very excited for the upcoming couple weeks. Obviously, Kelly's wedding, and a much needed, albeit very brief, visit home this weekend. Next weekend goes like this: Lake Wauberg for work (yes, I will get paid $8.25/hour to hang out at lake wauberg), Irish Car Bomb cupcakes with Teen, Min-Gu's 21st birthday party, Busch Gardens with Melly! The following weekend: Hotlanta!

Now, the real problems are: I have no clean clothing. Literally, I am wearing the last pair of clean underwear I own. My room (and quickly, the apartment as a whole) is being taken over with my crap. I just vacuumed my room, and it's already in a shambles. My rapidly depleting bank account matched with RecSports inability to actually reimburse me the ~500 I am owed for Centex and Regionals.

Well, this post basically turned out to be a train wreck of slap-dash thoughts and haphazard concerns. Story of my life these days.

xoxo,
A

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Walfies. I think you need a vacation! Or maybe just a solid night's sleep... :)

    I'm proud of you though. Vacuuming?! I know how much you hate doing it.

    What are you going to ATL for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do need a vacation. I don't get it until June... :-(

    I did vacuum, because we had to take the vacuum back home for Ali this weekend so she could have it when she goes to Houston. I figured I ought to vacuum while we still can...

    Also, I'm just going to Atlanta to hang out. A couple friends are going to try-out for a frisbee team, and I have a friend in ATL that I figured I could hang out with.

    ReplyDelete