Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Missing Things.

So I missed the season finale of Gossip Girl because I thought it was at 9. I never know what time t.v. shows actually start anymore because of TiVo. The really bad thing is that the TiVo wasn't working because the boys next door moved out and took their wireless adapter thingy with them, so we had no internet connection. Luckily, the TiVo is in the process of reconnecting. However, as such, I have no recording of the Gossip Girl episode either... :-( Anyone have it on their t.v. for me to watch? Also, can I watch it online?

So this weekend was more eventful than expected. Friday night was Pav's birthday party where I: had a 40 race (won via cheating), was desperate for loving (but got none, 'cept from teen and kate, but what else is new?), wanted to cut a girl because she was hatin' on Pav, went to checkers and had bacon cheddar cheese fries, hung out at tjs, and finally went home at 3 a.m.

Saturday morning I woke up, got ready to head home (packed bags, almost left dress, left a bunch of stuff), and hit the road. I got home around 12:30 or so, promptly changed into the bathing suit and laid out for an hour or so. Then fell asleep from 3-8 p.m. Woke up, felt bad because I was going to go to the movies with some of the girls. Went to five guys for dinner at 9:40, met up with the girls at Friday's, ate free spinach dip, and giggled and gossiped lots!

Sunday, woke up 9:30, went to the beach with Sarah and LB 10ish. I drove with Sarah. So, here's story #1: Driving down Southern, over the bridge onto Palm Beach. Coming down off the bridge I see a cop car. I say to Sarah, I hope he doesn't pull me over. Then we say, well, I'm only going 46, and the speed limit is 40, so he shouldn't. We pass him, he doesn't turn on his lights or pull out. Phew. Then, delayed reaction, he pulls out of his spot, and I'm like oh crap, he's gonna pull me over. Then, no lights on, go around roundabout next to Mar-a-lago/tennis courts with no problems no lights. Phew. Then, a few yards down the street, he's behind me, lights on. WTF? I pull over and he comes up and is like, you know it's 35 there? And I was like, uh, no, I had no idea. Then he asks for my license, registration, etc. I give him everything but realize oh shit, I don't have my registration because I threw it away (another story for another day). He ends up giving me a ticket for not having valid registration (although I do have the new sticker on my car so I'm obviously registered). $10 ticket if I can produced proof of registration (I have to order a new one for $3.50). Okay, no big deal, $13.50 total cost of my ticket.

Kelly's wedding is beautiful. Kelly is absolutely gorgeous. Danny is thrilled to pieces. Kelly is thrilled to pieces. See Efraim, blast from the past. Hang out with the girls, do the cupid shuffle, the macarena, the electric slide, the cha cha slide, and stomp to a little Kirk Franklin. Have amazing food. Take lots of pictures (See facebook). Do leg lift pose. The usual.

Monday morning, I wake up at 6:45 to drive home. Leave at 7:40. Driving, everything is fine and dandy. I get pulled over. For going 80. On the turnpike. Where the speed limit is 70. And everyone does 80. How the hell did that happen? I got so mad, because I had been passed like 10 minutes earlier by like five cars flying down the turnpike with no regard for the speed limit, and I have my cruise control set at 79. I actually started crying, I was so miffed. Anyways, cop's a jerk, and I get a $113 ticket for going 80 in a 70. Plus I have to do driving school online.

Then, drive through the worst rain imaginable in Orlando, not exceeding 50 mph for a full thirty minutes, and slowing to 35 mph for five minute intervals. Did I mention I missed work because I got in to late to get there...? Yeah, it was an awesome day.

So now, I'm back in Gainesville. I've been cranking out graduation thank you notes to people, trying to organize my room to some degree, uploading pics, etc.

Sorry this was so long, but it was an eventful weekend for me.

Oh, btw, Craig is coming down next week I think. Crazy.

xoxo,
A.

1 comment:

  1. No worries, Gossip Girl IS online. And it was a pretty good episode, so I would definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete