Thursday, May 7, 2009

Graduation and punishment

Happy Graduation to me!

I can't believe that my college career is officially over. Graduation went well, I suppose. It was a little bit boring, as one would assume, although they kept everything moving quickly along, so the whole thing took just under two hours. It did put some things into perspective though. My graduation ceremony had one-half of my totally College of Liberal Arts and Sciences graduating class (majors A-L), and I knew barely one in every 25-40 students. It was crazy to think about how small I am, in a school so large.

I'd been pretty busy leading up to graduation. By that, I mean I was going out a lot and having a whole bunch of fun. Birthday party, wednesday, as mentioned in earlier post, Gator Stompin' Thursday, XS/Chucks (?) house/Glenn's apartment Friday, Ultimate bbq/Capture the Flag Saturday night, Graduation/board games at Matt Goff's Sunday. I think it finally caught up to me. On Sunday night, I was starting to feel a little bit sick, my throat was hurting and what not. Monday morning, I woke up sweating bullets and feeling terrible. I had a fever of 102, and my throat was killing me. I had a headache and my whole body was hurting. Went to the doctor with my mom (thank god my parents were still in town) that afternoon. Strep throat.

Truth is, I guess this is the best time to get it. I start working on Thursday, and should be feeling much better by then. The antibiotics have already started to kick in, and I've actually been able to get some stuff done today. Monday and yesterday, however, were complete busts. I pretty much just sat in bed alternating between freezing and overheating. I had a fever until this morning.

Yesterday, I finally got my letter of recommendation from my boss, and so I officially mailed my job application to the Korean consulate in Atlanta. I'm pretty amped that that's done. I also ran a couple other errands and am actually in Panera now, enjoying being outside of my apartment for the first time since Monday. I'm regaining my appetite, which is kind of a shame. I was hoping I could work this sickness for at least a couple pounds... :-)

I will keep you posted about the job application process. Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

xoxo,
A

p.s. I got a STUNNING coach bag for graduation from my parents. LOOOOOOVE it.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you sign off your posts like Gossip Girl! Now you made me want to do something like that on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you can imagine my surprise when I stumbled across your blog! Somehow both you and Ali forgot to mention it.. conspiracy? perhaps. Or more likely that I'm just out of sight, out of mind. sniffle. ANYWAYS. I'm glad you are feeling better and I'd love to see this stunning Coach bag. Photo!

    ReplyDelete