Monday, January 24, 2011

NYC round 2?

Wow! It looks like I'll be headed back to the Big Apple sooner than I had thought!

Hoon reserved our tickets to America today. They are roundtrip out of NYC. When I had done a preliminary search, LA or SanFran were much cheaper, but I guess suddenly NYC ticket prices dropped and Hoon jumped on. He managed to snag two tickets at ~1,330,000 won, which is just under 1200 usd. Score! He will be paying later this week!

Now my job is to find and buy the cheapest possible ticket from NY to Florida. We're shooting for under 200 round trip. I found some on Spirit Airlines for 197 with tax. Wondering if I can do better... But the truth is I kind of just want to buy them and be done with it.

What this all means is that we will be landing late Thursday night in NYC (tentatively) and probably we will stay in NYC for the weekend with my dear dear wonderful friend in order to avoid the slightly more pricey weekend fares (and hello, Hoon and Wally in NYC? Heaven!). Tentatively leaving Monday mid morning/early afternoon.

That will leave us with still about 2 and a half weeks in Florida. Plenty of time to see family, visit UF, and maybe sneak in a trip to Disney/Harry Potter World! ^^

Welp, that's it!!

Oh, and I made some slammin spinach tomato cream sauce pasta. My heavy cream went bad, so I just substituted a bunch of butter and plain old low-fat milk instead. Turned out good, but not quite as creamy as hoped. Next time will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment