Thursday, January 20, 2011

Exciting

Big news!!

I brought my cucumber kimchi and sweet soy sauce braised beef/quail eggs to my boyfriend's apartment. His mom, and two cousins (one boy and one girl) were also there and so I was a little nervous to here their opinions. JH didn't tell them that I was bringing food so they were impressed/surprised that I brought anything at all. But then, his mom opened the container with the cucumber kimchi and said, omo, where did you get this? And I said, I made it. And she was super impressed because it was so good looking. And then she opened the other container and she was even more surprised.

It was awesome. They were super impressed that I've taken an interest in Korean cooking.

But I warned them: it may look good, but I can't guarantee that you'll like the taste.

JH ate the kimchi first and he didn't say anything right away except: 엄마, 먹어봐, 예찬아! 먹어봐, 예본아 먹어봐, which just mom, try it, Yechan, try it, Yebon, try it. And they all did and they all lost it. They said it was sooooooo good and I was so so happy. I had been nervous originally that it was too spicy, but I wiped away some of the extra spice and so it wasn't so bad at all. In fact, I'd agree that it was quite good indeed. They said that it was better than most restaurants' and his mom kept saying, "아 엄마보다 더 맛있지... 내가 보다 더 맛있어, 어떻게..." which is, "Ah, it's better than mom's. It's more delicious than mine, how can it be?"

Then they praised teh 장조림. I'm so happy they liked it so much.

Oh, and then his mom called his dad and she told him about how I made such delicious food and he asked to talk to me and he said he was really happy I made korean food, and that he wants to try some, and that he loves me because I cook Korean food, and I like Korean culture, and because I am interested in Korea. *^___^*

I'm going back tomorrow and JH insisted I bring more kimchi. I will do so obligingly. ^^

I can't wait to cook more food. I'll be sure to post pictures!

xoxo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment