Monday, October 11, 2010

My Phone. My ipod touch. My gadgets.

So. I officially have downloaded about 20 or so apps for the phone. It got easier to download apps once I discovered I didn't have to do them off the T-Store because the T-Store is entirely in Korean. This makes it good for things like subway maps, but terrible for other things, like me finding apps that are actually useful or comprehensible. I found the android market (it was a pretty clearly labeled app on my app page, so I'm pretty dumb for not seeing it) and have snatched up a few must haves. These are the things I've downloaded so far:

1. A subway map. I actually downloaded this before I downloaded twitter or facebook apps. It's that freaking important.
2. Facebook for Android
3. Twitter for Android
4. Incheon International Airport Information (maps, incoming flights and delays and stuff)
5. Big Bang Schedule (uh, pretty damn important)
6. Pipe Tycoon (a game on the T-Store that is like that ipod app with the pipes and water)
7. 할인 항공 a Korean discount flight finder app. It's all in Korean, so we'll see how much I use it.
8. Justin Bieber- Baby ringtone and bell app (My boo's ringtone)
9. Taeyang- I need a girl ringtone and bell app (my phone's standard ringtone)
10. My Coex: An app for the Coex mall. Maps and some discount information and event info
11. 오! 마이 디데이 (Oh! My D-Day): Korean people use the term d-day as a konglish interpretation of a countdown. This is simply a countdown app. I currently have a countdown till me and my boo's 100 day anniversary and a countdown till Christmas.
12. Flash: Flashlight app
13. 2NE1: A 2ne1 app with all their music videos, all their albums, a fuckton of pictures and stuff, a calendar and a bunch of other shit for fangirls or fanboys.
14. 볼뿌요: like bejeweled but super speed and with add layers of interest. Really fun. addicting.
15. CGV: an app for reserving movie tickets at CGV, the biggest movie theater chain in Korea
16. Photofunia: A photo editing app. Funsies.
17. GoStop: what is sounds like, a go-stop app
18. myExpense Pal: A budget monitor
19. Gator News: A Florida football news aggregator
20. Florida Gators: A Florida Football Fan App
21. Korea NextBus!: A moderately useful bus tracking app. I need to figure that one out still.
22. Google Translate
23. NYTimes
24. Blogger-droid: To blog with.

To those of you with androids out there, what apps do you recommend I check out? Anything for kpop? Anything special for Big Bang that I haven't found? Any Hello Kitty apps? Any Korea related apps?

I also got my 5th generation ipod touch at school today. Actually I think it came on Friday, but I went home from work early, so I didn't actually receive it until today. It's beautiful but it desperately needs to be covered and protected from the dangerous world out there. I already got a case for my phone (it sucks, but it'll do... it's already gotten a dozen or so compliments) but the ipod touch is probably more at risk for scratches due to the patent glossy silver back. It has the camera in the front and the back which is suuuuuuuuuper awesome. Plus I can do facetime video recording on it, which strangely I can't seem to figure out how to do on the galaxy. It's weird because you can do facetime calling on my phone (all cellphones have that function here pretty much) which requires video, but I can't just record a video on the front-facing camera. I do have a bunch of fancy camera settings on the phone though (haven't checked out the ipod's camera yet too much).

I synched my old apps from my old ipod touch (which I sold maybe 3 weeks ago) and I realized how few apps I actually had. But then, I only had the touch for two weeks maybe. And its only wifi so I couldn't download things whenever I want (I'm basically addicted on the 3G on my phone). But I'm working on getting more things. I'm having some issues with downloading games on the droid os. idk why, but it only downloads maybe 2 out of every three I select to dl. And I can't access the droid market for games only on the phone. So I guess the touch will be the game and music gadget and the phone will be the camera and phone and internet gadget.

Which brings me to my next question: What ipod apps should I be downloading. I have Korean Air, nytimes, papertoss, skpe, sudoku tap tap revenge, time mobile, wikipanion, and naver maps. suggestions?

So tonight I made nachos. With the giant block of sharp cheddar cheese that Beks got me at Costco. I bought redpepper and chopped em up and seasoned up some frozen popcorn chicken (you know, you make due with whatcha got... didn't have time to go buy fresh chicken or beef) and tossed em on some tortilla chips. The cheese was clutch because the rest of it was kind of ho-hum. But hot damn that cheese.

Tomorrow I'm gonna go to the gym and exercise those nachos off and then I'll make eggs and cheddar cheese. There is a lot of cheese that needs to be eaten and I'm not gonna let that 10,000 won I spent on it
go to waste.

xoxo
A

1 comment:

  1. That is so shocking. You have downloaded so many things so far, but I have to say that all the applications which you have downloaded are really cool ones. iPod truly is amazing. And congrats for your brand new 5th generation iPod touch. Yeah you need to take very good care of it. I think those application are enough for now.

    ReplyDelete