Thursday, October 28, 2010

Love is in the Air

I think I may just be the lamest lovebird ever. By that I mean I am totally that girl who is about to gush like crazy about how lovely her boyfriend is. This is just my fair warning:

OH. MY. GOD. He's so wonderful.

Anyways, today is our 100 day anniversary (I guess technically now it's yesterday... Wednesday) and all day he was texting me these cute little messages about how excited he was to see me today. You see, in Korean relationships, and life in general, 100 days is of special significance. I think it came first with babies, for whom on their 100th day of life a special party was held for them (100 days of life marks roughly one year since conception... roughly) originally just for surviving for that long. At these parties, the children receive gifts and also go through an important tradition of choosing the article that they will pursue on their life's journey. The babies are placed in front of a table upon which rest various things: some small amount of money, some thread (representing longevity), food, a script brush. Whichever thing the child picks up first is considered to be the future of that child.

Now it is popular for couples to celebrate their 100th day of a relationship by going on a date or sharing some special time or gift.

Unfortunately, our 100th day happens to fall during my boyfriend's exam week at university. Bummer. Additionally, this weekend I am going to Daejeon so we couldn't exactly post-pone it until a later more convenient weekend time. However, because my boyfriend is so wonderful, after he finished his classes today, he rushed over to Incheon to see me. I was waiting excitedly, naturally.

He came over and he brought me the most wonderful cake ever. omg, I just love it. I've been eyeing it for weeks at Paris Baguette thinking, if only I could find some excuse to buy this, and he got it for me!! I showed it to him maybe a month ago after I moved to my new apartment and said, this is so cute. He must have remembered that.

We spent the evening just relaxing and cuddling. we ordered chinese food to be delivered and I made some velveeta mac&cheese. We chowed down and talked and talked and talked. It was good.

Unfortunately (yet also luckily) I checked the time and realized it was already 11:00 and he had to run immediately to catch the last train. I missssss him already.

He left me a letter (like he always does when he comes over) and this one was particularly sweet and wonderful. I actually cried a little because it was so perfect.

I don't know what I did to get something so good in my life, but hooray for me.

Here's my cake, suckers:
xoxo
A

2 comments:

  1. personally i'm not a big fan of hello kitty. but i have to admit, that is one cute cake.

    - sleepy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing little tidbits of Korean culture every now and then!! The 100 thing is so sweet and I really really like it. :) P.S. This guy sounds like a keeper; he actually remembers things that you love. :)

    ReplyDelete