Tuesday, September 28, 2010

아이돌스타 육상선수권대회: Idol Star Track and Field Championships

So I finally got around to watching 아이돌스타 육상선수권대회, or the Idol Star Track and Field Championships, which aired on MBC over Chuseok. I didn't watch in live for two reasons: 1) Taeyang Concert and 2) I don't actually watch t.v. But anyways, it was the funniest thing I've watched in at least a year. It was awesome.

For all my friends who read this blog, and don't give a shit about kpop or Korean idols, please, hear me out this one time.

Regardless of whether you know these people or not, this shit is funnnnnnnnny. Basically, they took a bunch of celebrities (over 100) and put them on 7 teams and had them compete in hurdles, 100 m sprint, 4x100 relay, high jump, and javelin for no real reason or purpose except winning these arbitrary medals. This would never, ever, in a million fucking years even be considered in America, but they are already planning a New Years' swimming pool event for the early Spring. Some of the idol athletes are quite impressive, while others are just fucking funny. Hurdles, 100m, and high jump were my favorite. GOD DAMN THAT SHIT WAS FUNNY. People were falling like crazy. It was awesome. It's like unscripted slapstick comedy.

Anyways, at least watch the first two videos because they are the best, and if you like them, watch em all!



HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA It slays me.









xoxo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment