Monday, May 31, 2010

The events of the day

Today I bought a new comforter. Unfortunately due to my lackadaisical shopping habits (mixed with only a mediocre knowledge of Korean, I purchased a fitted sheet (good), one pillow case (when I need two), and a duvet cover in lieu of an actual comforter. Luckily, the weather is getting warmer and my apartment is usually really really really hot due to my 10' by 7' westward-facing window. As such I will put off purchasing a new comforter (the old one is old and gross and also has a print that will show through the white parts of my duvet cover.

In my defense, how the hell was I supposed to know the 이불커버 meant comforter cover. 이불 just sounds like evil. granted, 커버 sounds just like cover, but still. What the hell is an evil cover?

After a quick Google Search, I discovered that this, in fact, is what an Evil Cover looks like. Or at least what A Touch of Evil cover looks like.

Anyways, my new comforter is really cute (not that my old one wasn't, it just had holes in it), and it's bright so hopefully after a terrible day of school, it will cheer me up. That's the goal. It does spunk up the place nicely.

Plus, the new comforter has *almost* inspired me to actually pick up a bit around the place. Currently on my bed there is only my purse, a sweatshirt, my cell phone and me. This lowers my average amount of crap on my bed by at least 80% Of course, now everything is just sitting in piles on my coffee table. I swear once I get rid of my stupid dell laptop, I'll fix everything. Luckily that day is quickly approaching. All I have to do is find the IP address or whatever it is so I can connect my computer to the ethernet that I am paying for (instead of stealing someone else in my apartment's wireless), and transfer the remaining word documents to my macbook, and all ties to my dell will officially be cut. Then my mac will take it's rightful place upon throne: a shitty, bowed, poorly constructed, duct-taped to hell gray desk.

1 comment: