Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dream Concert 2010


So I'm clearly a lot late on this, but you know, better late than never, right?

In a change of pace from my last blog post, which was a relatively serious blog post about the recent development in the North Korea/South Korea dispute, I'll give you a review of last Saturday's (May 22nd) Dream Concert. I have mostly positive things to say, so be prepared for lots of doting on cute k-pop stars.
Me and my k-pop buddy!
The show was hosted by Kim Heechul (of Super Junior stardom), actress Shin SeKyung, and Ok Taecyeon (winner of the reallywally sexy body contest held last weekend at Dream Concert). Frankly, Shin SeKyung sucked ass. She was awful as a host, managing only to laugh uncomfortably at regular intervals and barely keeping up with Taecyeon, let alone the veteran Dream Concert MC (third year running) Heechul. Heechul was funny. This I could tell in spite of my not being able to understand 85% of what he said. Taecyeon did his best and mostly was just a walking, talking, singing image of sexiness embodied.
Hello Taecyeon. What's that? You want me to meet you backstage in an hour? Well, I don't kn... Oh, wow, lookie here, my clothes are already off.

There were a number of virtually unknown kpop acts that "opened" the show. I don't really remember them as being particularly interesting or talented, but who am I to judge (especially since I thought Ring Ding Dong by SHINee was the greatest music work to play on radio speakers since Michael Jackson sang Thriller).
Actually, come to think of it, they have a lot more in common than initially anticipated: red leather, intense hair, great dancing.

Then came the first of the 21 acts headlining the show. Those that are curious the total artists list is: U-Kiss, F.cuz, 4Minute, MBLAQ, SS501, ZE:a, Rainbow, SHINee, Kara, T-ara, After School, Davichi, Beast, F(x), Super Junior, SNSD, Rain, Lee Hyori, Wonder Girls, 2PM.

My friend and I were sitting in the SNSD section.

My favorite acts at the concert were the following:
1. 2PM~ clearly I am biased because I am a little bit in love with Taec, but yeah. They were really great, although I was really disappointed by other fan groups chanting "Park Jaebeom" throughout their performance. If I wasn't so in love with 2PM I'd totally become a hottest (their fan club member name)


2. F(x)~ shit they are good. And I've mentioned before my girl crush on Amber.


3. Rain~ Uh. Hello. You are the sexiest Korean man EVER. EVER. EVER. Oh, and he was really funny. It rained virtually the entire concert with the only break being when Rain performed. After his performance, he said, you know, I'm really sorry that it's raining (in korean it translates directly to the rain comes), but when RAIN (him) comes, the rain goes. kkkkk puns.

4. SNSD~ They were really good, and you know, as much as young girls (read: my students) hate them, they are freakin' gorgeous. Also sitting in their section was super fun and cuuuuute.

5. Super Junior~ A classic. Really, Super Junior is always epic. I love Shindong. Seriously. Love.
It's really unfortunate that he just proposed to his girlfriend and wants to get married asap. I'm hoping that sometime between now and his wedding, he will see me and fall in love with me. I love 통통한(chubby) Shindong. 너무 귀여워요!!

As I mentioned in my list, it rained. A lot. A whole effing lot. It sucked. I bought a poncho at the stadium and still my bag got completely soaked and one of the buttons on my poncho broke and I had to hold it shut for about an hour and a half of the concert. fml.

But, I did get to take about a billion selcas (self-portraits) in the rain and while waiting for the show to begin. It's a traditional Korean artform mastered by 14 year old girls. See below for my pathetic attempts:

(left) new outfit, special for dream concert (yes, I am that lame). (Right) the most popular selca pose these days. I'm not good at it.

My new kicks: Nike Legends in pink!!! *^_^*

boo rain.

still the cutest belles of the concert, even with the rain!
xoxo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment