Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Two things

1. I am going to kill my grade 2 class 6 students. They are pure evil. Last week I assigned classwork and then collected it to check and grade and such. This morning as I was grading my last batch of work (I graded over 600 papers for student because I see them all in a week), I checked grade 2-6, and discovered that they did literally nothing. I assigned them work to do, basically just pair work where they ask their partner questions about a calendar schedule they received. Then, they had to write their sentences down to get credit. Of the 36 students, 8 did work. The other 28, NOTHING. This, in spite of me going from student to student and specifically, individually, explaining the activity and forcing them to speak. They wrote literally nothing. 28 students. As a result, today in class, I am going to make them miserable. I don't even effing care, I'm so pissed. This class is consistently bad, ignoring instructions, talking over me, sleeping, distracting each other and making mean jokes. At least 20 papers had only doodles. Gaaaah. So mad.

On a lighter note...

2. Just now at lunch time, my grade 3 students were preparing for their class picture for the yearbook, which I guess is a big deal or something. They were all huddled in the girls bathroom (I always brush my teeth after lunch and saw them there) hiding and using a hair straightener. I thought it was completely ridiculous that they were all crammed into one tiny bathroom stall, so I told them to move to my office to prepare. They were so shocked that I didn't mind them using hair straighteners in school, and they all rushed over like kisd in a candy store. Also, some girls were putting on make-up (eye liner, concealer, the works) and such. They are 15 years-old for goodness sakes. They should be wearing that much make-up. Then I saw the kicker. One student pulled out a glue stick (literally a classroom glue stick) and applied GLUE TO HER EYELID, in order to create the coveted double eyelid. Completely effing ridiculous. I about lost it just then. I was like, are you crazy? Glue is not for your eyes! But my co-teacher in my office said, "oh, lots of korean people put glue on their eyes."

I think my eyeballs about fell out of their sockets and my jaw basically unhinged and bounced to the floor. Effing Korea.

For those of you that don't know (all you Euro-trashers out there reading my blog), the before is regular asian eye, and the after is the double eyelid, which many many many women undeergo cosmetic surgery to create.

 This is not make-up. It should not be near your eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Learn something new EVERYDAY! I knew the 'double eyelid' was considered beautiful but I didn't know it was created with glue or sometimes surgery!! CRAZY, until you look at our absurd culture...

    Also, show them who's boss! It is sad that they don't respect you in class and consistently let you down and make you angry. I hope you make a break through!

    ReplyDelete