Friday, April 2, 2010

Brian McKnight concert review

So, I'm certainly biased in my sheer unadulterated passion for Taeyang, so my concert review will inevitably be biased. Unfortunately, the concert venue had a no camera rule for the concert. Naturally, I broke it for a couple stealth pictures, but they aren't very good. Because we were in the front row, virtually right in front of a bunch of security people's watchful eyes, I couldn't even take my camera out for a quick shot. All pictures (and a pair of really really short videos) were taking from behind my purse because I was terrified someone would see me and take my camera away. Anyways, I saw on allkpop.com that some people who were in rows like 6-10 got some great pictures/videos, because there were more people around them to cover up their illegal picture taking antics.

So this is how the concert went:

1. Before the show, we went to Burger King because there is no other food anywhere near that area. So, while at burger king, some people with yellow staff vests came into the BK and me and Miranda and my co-teacher joked about how we should talk to them and get in with the venue workers. But I was like, nah, homeboys just set up chairs and shit, they can't get us backstage. Remember this statement for a little bit later, because it bites me in the ass later.

2. We get to the gym and we go inside and we freak out a little because our seats are so incredible awesome. We just left of center, and oh my god, we were totally freaking out.

3. We waited a long long time.

4. Taeyang came out and OH MY GOD I WANT TO MAKE LOVE TO HIM. Sexy as can be.

5. Taeyang sings where U at, dances a lot and makes me want to cry.

6. Taeyang talks briefly to say he will only do one other song, Wedding Dress.

7. Wedding dress starts, i take stealth video (to be posted soon), and he walks over to the side of the stage we were near. While dancing, he accidentally knocks his glasses off. After knocking off his glasses, I lose any shred of sanity I had as Taeyang LOOKS RIGHT AT ME and smiles. For real. For real for real for real. Miranda AND my co-teacher will verify this. god. At that moment I just died.

8. Taeyang leaves and I am devastated.

9. Shortly thereafter some people in yellow staff vests come onto the darkened stage and I was like, oh look, the burger king boys are part of the sound tech or something. Note also this idiotic statement.

10. Then, the music starts, Brian McKnight comes out. I'd like to add that for age 40 (he was born in 1969) he looks damn good. I'd hit it.

11. Out walks Burger King/"sound tech" boys into the spotlight. One has a guitar and they other dances out. They stand immediately next to Brian McKnight and do back-up vocals. OH MY GOD I AM A FUCKING IDIOT. That was my shot at meeting Taeyang/Brian McKnight

12. I cry a little bit inside.

13. Brian McKnight is unbelievable. His performance was off the charts amazing. Honestly, his voice live is studio album good. Like, there were maybe 5 notes all night that could have been better. 5 notes. In a 2 hours performance. Seriously, his voice and his range and the smoothness are impeccable. The best live singer I've ever seen, hands down.

14. Also, Brian McKnight was very very funny during the show. He did/said lots of funny things.

15. Brian McKnight did a brief tribute to Michael Jackson.

16. Brian McKnight and I had eye sex like 5 times. I SWEAR TO GOD he looked right at me. Everyone around me was like oh my god, girl gettin' all the attention. He pointed to me and winked and smiled and licked his lips once or twice right at me.

17. Then, Brian McKnight, in his only real slip-up of the night introduced Taeyang for a duet, horribly butchering my beloved's name, but then realizing it and apologizing. They sing My Kind of Girl together, and Taeyang looked sexy as hell in his plaid shirt and faux-hawked hair. He danced a bit, and Brian McKnight played the acoustic guitar (he also played electric guitar, piano and bass guitar in the course of the night). It was beautiful.

18. Taeyang leaves. I am devastated again.

19. Brian McKnight sings Anytime and I melt. I literally thought I was going to die of joy.

20. Brian McKnight then says he wants to introduce his sons and I was like oh yeah, I read on allkpop that his sons would perform and then who walks out? BURGER KING/SOUND TECH BOYS. fml. I could have talked to/met/hung out with Brian McKnights SONS. Jesus Christ. I am a hugely stupid person. Also, if only I had flirted at BK, then I could be just stumbling home from a wild and raucous night with Taeyang, Brian McKnight jr and sr, and Nic McKnight.

21. The sons took center stage and got their singing on. Their voices are also amazingly good, and the younger one tore it UP on the electric. They are both really skinny, but the older one was mad tall and super sexy (unfortunately he's only 19 hehehe). He also had brief eye connection with me, during which he smiled and pointed to me and gave me a little finger curl like come here baby. ahhhhhhh.

21. Brian McKnight sang Back at One. I lost control and started weeping. Okay, so that didn't happen.

22. After the show, the sons were on stage and I got to shake their hands. I wanted to say something really awesome to the tall hot one (brian mcknight jr) but I was like uh, that was great, thanks. Fail. He did shake my hand and kind of hold on longer than most other people.

23. All in all it would rank as one of my top 3 concert going experiences of all time.

Now for your viewing please, a video from not me at the concert of taeyang performing where u at (he had some sound issues during his performance where his earpiece monitor thing fell and broke or something. I felt really bad for him)

2 comments:

  1. love, love this post. it totally reminds me of basically every concert we've been to together, especially rooney/ben lee and how giddy we were. glad you had a great time!

    p.s. we need to skype soon, it's been too long. maybe next weekend?

    ReplyDelete