Saturday, March 13, 2010

The rest of my week.

My week went fairly well with my family, minus the little hiccups of getting a stomach virus, my sister getting said stomach virus, and my dad getting on my nerves. Perhaps my being sensitive about my dad, but he sure does know how to drive me crazy.

Anyhow, while I was at work, the family explore various places including Chinatown, Gwanghwamun plaza, the Seoul Museum of Art and Deoksugung Palace. A little jealous because I still haven't seen the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Seoul Museum of Art and it's been on my to-do list for like six years. Ok, so 3 months, but still.

On Thursday night we headed to Sinchon in Seoul for a little Gogi Buffet, which is basically all you can eat Korean bbq. You can have just about anything, from pork to kalbi to steak to bulgogi to fish to octopus to chicken to samgyeopsal, plus rice, plus all you can drink soda, plus some sides (kimchi, sundae, ddeok, etc) for the very fair and reasonable price of just 8,900 won. I ate to my heart's content and then decided I will never eat that much again so long as I live. Except for the other 5 or 6 times I return to that same exact restaurant.

Friday night, met up with the family in Seoul and walked along Chonggyecheon stream a ways and then headed to Myeong-dong for a bit of shopping and people seeing. Got a new skirt at Forever 21. Then went to the NEW H&M that they just opened up two weeks ago. OH. MY. GOD. It's amazing. The outside of the building is all white with lights and a characteristically tiny red H&M sign. The inside was pure genius, with beautiful groupings of clothing, hung artistically and whimsically. Really, the design of the store was genius. Unfortunately, because the store was so new, it was INSANELY crowded. We are talking at least 800 people were in that store at one time, probably more than that. The line for the fitting rooms (which are on every floor) was 12 people long, in spite of the presence of over 25 stalls for changing. At H&M Mel got a plaid button down shirt and I got the cutest coat on the face of the planet. Pictures to come soon. The we went to TGIFridays for dinner. hahahahaha.

Now pictures of Chonggyecheon.

this is the start of Chonggyecheon Stream. Preeeeeetty.

blurry.

Melly!

This little guy is Haechi, the mascot of Seoul. I LOVE HIM.

xoxo,
A

1 comment:

  1. i'll be honest, i've fallen behind on your blog postings. but let me just say that i am super jealous of your new H&M.

    ReplyDelete