Sunday, March 28, 2010

Positivity

This weekend was rough and exhausting. Not necessarily in a bad way, just in an exhausting way. On Friday night, I went to Bupyeong for dinner, then to Hongdae for clubs (Ho Bar then Cocoon). Got home Saturday at 3:15 a.m., after a taxi ride from bupyeong in which I had a legitimate conversation in Korean with the taxi driver. Then woke up at 8 a.m. and skype my sister and parents from 9 to 11 a.m. Hopped in a taxi to the train station, got to Ichon station in Seoul at 12:45. Walked to the fields, played ultimate in the cold wind for an hour and a half. Grabbed a taxi back to itaewon, where the disc hotel is. Then hung out for one hour to shower and check e-mail and chat. Then hopped a bus to gangnam where I had ddeok sam, which is AMAZING (and is thin sheets of rice cake wrapped around samgyeopsal-- slammin') Then, back to disc hotel. Then to Dillingers in Itaewon, this bar. Then to King Club-- terrible. Then to B1-- terrible. Back to disc hotel with Beth at 4 a.m. Up at 9:30, eggs&bacon a la adam/bekah, back to Ichon at 11. Practice for 2 hours. League for another hour. Train to Incheon. Now here I am.

My ankle hurts and I'm so tired.

But, I just officially paid off almost 1/3 of my total student loans, since I sent some money home with my parents and it got deposited this week. I felt like I could finally drop some real bones to work on paying down my debt. My goal at the end of two years, I think, will be to have no loans or debt at all. This is going to be difficult, but I think doable. I started out with about 11,000 USD in debt, so if I can pay all of that off in two years, I'll be relieved and happy, especially since the anticipated repayment time was 10 years.

On another note, t-minus 4 days until I am sitting mere meters from my future husband.

1 comment:

  1. That is so amazing, that you have already paid down that much. I really don't want to think about my student debt - it gives me the spins - but I have been trying to pay down my credit card first - then I'll work on my student loans.

    I think 2 years is a lofty goal - but I think you can do it. AND god forbid you don't, and it take three - you will still be light years ahead of most of American grads. :) Remember, “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” (even if it is scientifically inaccurate, it is pretty.) love!

    ReplyDelete