Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lately...

Things have been going great! I had a wonderful weekend, my family will be here in 4.5 days, my whole month is mostly planned, meaning all I have to do is make my powerpoints and prep class materials, school is back in session which means I get to see my stuuuuudents, I'm getting a new phone, Korean class is generally going well, and I'm happy.

Here are some pictures from the last few days. My next post will be dedicated to my Monday, which was glorious, but for now, everything else:
Fog seems to be so common here. In Florida, it's mostly an early morning thing, but this was taken at 6 p.m.

 
Monday was a national holiday (according to my Google Calendar, it's Independence Movement Day) and there were flags EVERYWHERE. I liked it.

On Friday night, I met a new friend, SY, who is amazingly cool and friendly. This Friday I will be learning how to make chopchae (there isn't a good way to write it in english... grrr) at her house from her mom. Seriously. I love this girl. We had coffee at Holly's Coffee and then met my friends for dinner.

It was SY's birthday on Saturday so we got her an ice cream cake. SO DELICIOUS!

We loooooove cake, birthdays and SY!

We also love kamikazes!

Hopefully everyone else is enjoying themselves as much as I am. I still sometimes can't believe I'm in Korea. Gosh, I sure am a lucky person, being able to travel as much as I have been, and meet as many new exciting people as I have, work at such a wonderful place like I do.

Also, I booked my plane ticket to Jeju Island, for the savage nines tournament going on there in May. I'm really really excited! Also, that link above is to an English language site, so check it out! I know many of my links are to Korean sites, so I'm throwing a bone to you foreigners. *^^*

xoxo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment