Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

I unfortunately left my camera at school this weekend, and so this update will be picture-less. I am especially bummed about this because I took lots of pictures of my classroom, my students, and other things christmas-y. I guess I will just do a picture post later next week.

It's officially Christmas Day here in Korea. I was woken up by a text message at 7:30 from a student, saying Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. I was both touched and annoyed. haha.

Had some croissants for breakfast. It's not Mom's breakfast before, but it'll do.

Yesterday was a wonderful day of school. I was scheduled to have 5 classes, but I ended up only having 3, due to a special book program thing in the gym for all the students.

Because it was Christmas Eve, many students gave me Christmas cards. I got about 6 today, bringing my total christmas card count to 12. Not too shabby, me thinks. The cards from my students are my favorites, simply because I know the effort they put into making them. Some of them made cards by hand, others bought cards. Either way, they all wrote notes in English, which is impressive, and quite a challenge for some of them. They say the sweetest nicest things to me, and I love them.

Then, after work, my coteachers and I got together in the English room and they brought a cake! A Christmas Cake! You see, in the United States, it is our tradition to eat Christmas cookies. Here, they eat Christmas Cake. What is a Christmas cake you ask? Well, it's not any different than a regular cake, except it has adorable Christmas decorations on it. My cake, for example had a reindeer, two chocolate christmas trees, snowflakes and a bunch of fruit on top. I took pictures, which I will post on Monday.

Last night, I got to talk to Pav, and in about an hour I'll be talking to the parents! Quite excited for that.

My first Korean Christmas! As I told my co-teachers yesterday, hopefully not my last Korean Christmas!

xoxo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment