Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

As the title indicates, here's to hoping everyone rings in the new year joyfully and safely! Went to Seoul to see the bell-ringing ceremony near city hall. It was interesting. There were a ton of people packed around this little area with a big huge bell. There was a lot of talking, but it was all in Korean, which made it a touch anticlimactic for me, but we counted down (IN KOREAN!!!) and rang in the happy new year, literally, with 33 tolls of the bell. As soon as we said il (one), everyone started setting off fireworks (roman candles mostly) into the sky, and shouting happy new year! Then, it was a mass exodus. It was interesting to see how quickly everyone cleared out. I've never been in times square at NYE, but I can't imagine such efficiency happens in the departure of people there. Anyways, after the bell rang, and people were clearing out, dozens of Korean people wanted to take pictures with me and my friends, who are all relatively good looking foreigners.

Went to Norae-bang in Hongdae.

Thomas had Japanese food on the first night he was here. Hooray.

Today: 63 building, idk what else.

I got a rose from a guy!

1 comment:

  1. Feliz ano nuevo, Walfies! (I'm trying to incorporate a little espanol when I can). Hope you're having fun during Thomas's visit.

    ReplyDelete