Monday, November 9, 2009

Thrillah in Manila

It's 6:00 p.m.

I'm exhausted beyond words. Went the the Thrillah in Manila tournament this weekend in Manila, the Philippines. It was insane. The hotel we stayed in was gorgeous and huge (each room had a king size bed, kitchen, living area, two bathrooms and two singles). Granted, we didn't spend too much time at the hotel. The weather was really hot, really humid, and very sunny. I got intense sunburn on my legs and neck. We played okay, breaking seed and taking 11th out of 32 teams. It's unfortunate that we didn't do better because we are a really talented team, with a ton of experience, but we had never all played together in preparation. At practices, there would be maybe 10 people from the team and then 5 others who weren't playing in Manila, and that was rough. You could tell, though, that if we keep playing together, we could be a force to be reckoned with because the talent is so high. We just have to learn how to all play well together and work that out. Plus, we need to make sure we get Dave and Clay and Adam to go to the next international tournament.

Anyways, all of this is mumbo-jumbo to most of you. To sum it up: Manila was awesome and exhausting, but I saw basically none of the city. I cannot wait to keep playing with this team, because they are some of the coolest people I know, especially here in Korea. I had a blast, played hard, and am sincerely looking forward to DREAM CUP in Japan in February or March or whenever it is.

Now, though, I'm completely exhausted and desperately trying to both recover from the weekend and prepare for my classes this week. I have two powerpoints to make up and then I'll pretty much be done. But, my oh my, I AM BEAT.

Also, once again, I took no photos. I suck.

xoxo,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment