Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Do you believe in Jesus?

This is what a friendly young woman asked me today as I was leaving school. Today was an unusual day because students had all sorts of weird activities in lieu of classes this afternoon including job fairs and handwriting things (it looked like arts&crafts) and stuff, and there were lots of visitors. When I was leaving, I saw a group of three women packing up a van with some Korean writing on the side. I assumed they were related to the job fair or other activities. I bowed to one of the women slightly as a greeting, and continued on. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that the woman I acknowledged hurried over to talk to another, younger, woman. The younger woman ran after me and asked me, "Are you a teacher?" And I said yes. "An English Teacher?" And I said yes. "Do you believe in Jesus?" And I said yes, if for no other reason than in a desperate attempt to avoid the evangelizing she was preparing to do. Her response? "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!" and ltos of hand clapping. I'm not sure if I've ever seen someone be so happy about hearing that someone believes in Jesus. It was cute.

Need to buy:
Picture frames for all the pictures of my friends from HOME that mommy sent me
HATS (omg, Korea has the best winter hats in all the land)
more and more and more and more leggings. I just got tealish green ones that I am SO excited to wear.

That's it here.

xoxo,
A

1 comment:

  1. LOL when that happened to me they got all excited I said yes and wouldn't leave me alone until I went into church with them :/ But I wonder what they would have said if I replied 'no'. I probably don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete