Thursday, August 27, 2009

I want everyone to know this...

Technology here in Korea is seriously out of control. I got my cellphone yesterday (still trying to figure out what the correct number is for people dialing from the US) and it is about a zillion times cooler than my blackjack, which is a pretty sweet phone. Basically, it looks like an average slider phone. Small, slider, but with korean in addition to English letters on the phone. Naturally it has bluetooth and an mp3 player and a sweet layout like a cool phone, but here is one thing you WILL NOT FIND in the states. It plays television. Like, there is an antenna, and you pull it up and you can watch t.v. Evidentally EVERYONE does it in Korea on the subway. I am really amped about this function. Also, my phone came with an extra battery, so whenever mine dies, I can just pop a fresh charged one in. It's awesome.

Also, I heard that some phones (but maybe not mine) can act as atm card and you can have them linked somehow to your bank account.

Also, I officially have a bank account here in Korea, and a debit card and all that jazz, which is sweeeeet. I get my first check deposited in there soon (by Monday, I heard), and so that is exciting.

I just wanted everyone to know about how sweet Korea is!

xoxo,
A

1 comment:

  1. My cell phone has an antenna too! I don't watch TV on it because it's expensive, but for the first month of my service I was able to for free and it was the coolest thing in the world! If you watch TV on your phone, will there be American shows or just Korean ones?

    ReplyDelete