Friday, August 28, 2009

Culture Shock round 1

So, thankfully, culture shock is only mild right now, but I feel pretty lonely, to tell the truth. I'm alone in my apartment, well, in the PC bang right now, but alone nonetheless and it just hit me that I have one full year here and I DON'T SPEAK ANY WORTHWHILE KOREAN. Things are pretty nice here, it's not like I'm in some scary third world area, but it's really hard not being able to communicate. There is a McDonalds less than 5 minutes from my apartment, which is a bit of a relief but when I went there today, I could barely order a cheeseburger value meal. I have to go pick up some tasties for snacking and meals tonight, and hopefully I will be able to get out to an E-mart soon to get some necessities, like dish soap, detergent and HANGERS for my clothes.

In truth though, I'm having a good time, it's just that this is the first time I have been in Korea all by myself and it's a bit strange.

More on this later, when I'm not paying for internet usage...

xoxo,
A

2 comments:

  1. what's that phrase that you say all whiny to get guys to buy you things? totally worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet you'll learn korean sooner than you might think. it's scary b/c it's either sink or swim for you right now, but i'm sure you'll be able to at least doggy paddle in no time. :) love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete