Thursday, February 24, 2011

Oatmeal

You know, I went on this intense oatmeal kick my senior year of university and I ate the stuff most everyday, sometimes two packs a day, always the same ones, maple and brown sugar, or cinnamon sugar instant quaker oatmeal packs. I had my mom ship me some to eat this winter, but I was only able to down one packet before I my head was pounding and I felt like I was going to go into a legit sugar coma.

What happened? I guess I just don't eat nearly as much sugar sweet foods as we americans eat on a daily basis. Even Korean deserts and cookies are noticeably less sweet than American versions. I made sugar cookies with my students, and they were like, teacher, that's too sweet. Uh, the primary ingredient is sugar, it's supposed to be sweet. But now I'm off-topic.

Today, I discovered this blogger's recipe for instant oatmeal, and I thought, hmmm, I could get behind this. For the rest of you eating quaker instant oatmeal packets, why don't you use this recipe to make tastier, customizable, less expensive, way better for you oatmeal? If I can find oats, I'll try this out myself. If I botch it horrible it's only something like 10 bucks down the drain.

xoxo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment