Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chuseok Vacation part 3

I've rediscovered Saves the Day. That's what my vacation has become.

I went to E-Mart and bought the fixings for meat sauce spaghetti (with 한우!!!) as well as mac and cheese. That should keep me fed for a couple days.

I bought cakes for 부's family. I need to come up with a good English nickname for him. Anyways, I'm going to his grandmother's house on Thursday. I'm only moderately terrified, which is an improvement from utterly terrified which is how I felt when he initially asked me. You see, this is a big step, and I don't want to fuck it up by saying the wrong thing to his parents or grandparents or aunts and uncles and cousins while I'm there. They will all be judging me and not only do I have no idea what I'm going to say or do, I also have no idea what to wear, and no idea what they will think of me.

It's pouring outside. I'm listening to the Through Being Cool album. FML.

On the bright side, I found the oven I want to buy at E-Mart. It's bigger than all the others I've seen (but still maybe 1/4 the size of a regular american oven), and it's about 300 dollars.  And I may have found the perfect first baked good on the Cupcakes Take the Cake blog:


Chocolate Chip cookie dough cupcakes with cookie dough inside and a cookie on top. HOLY HELL I MUST EAT THESE ASAP.

xoxo
A

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to hear about thursday! and whatever baking projects you do once you buy an oven.

    and i love the cake wrecks website. a lot. esp the messed up writing... happy birthday mom "89" in the corner.

    ReplyDelete