Thursday, August 26, 2010

My adoring fans and readers

My bad on not posting for a long time. It's just that I've been busy being in the United States and eating obscene quantities of food (mostly in the form of cupcakes or mexican tortilla-wrapped foodstuffs) and traipsing across New York City/Gainesville/Wellington. You know, it's a tough life, being a globe-trotter.

Here's a brief summary of my vacation. In numbers:


3 dresses I bought during vacation (thanks to Gap, that rando boutique in SoHo with the guy who said, "wear it with just a black bra, it's sexier that way," and Target)
4 sangrias I drank at Calle Ocho during the all you can drink brunch
5 meals I averaged per day on my vacation
9 planes I took in the course of my 2 week vacation
11 planes I had to purchases tickets for due to a big fuck up by Expedia.
14 dollars- the price of one bottle of soju in NYC's Koreatown
17 apps that I've downloaded for my brand-new ipod touch (any suggestions)
23 cupcakes (some mini, some regular and some jumbo sized) that me and my friends inhaled during my two-week vacation
24 dollars- price of my prix fixe lunch at Cafe Boulud on the Upper East Side. Thanks Restaurant Week.
40 hours I was actually in Wellington.
48 crazy bands purchased by me and sarah. They are in the shapes of "lil monsters" and "crazy pets"
86 floors ascended in the Empire State Building. It was cloudy so the 102nd floor didn't seem like a good idea, especially given the additional 20 bucks you had to pay to go there.
105 steps to the top of the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse, which I trekked up with my family in tow.

That's all I can come up with off the top. But, I guess I'll also add: Sarah and Matt have two doggies each of which are adorable and staying with them made me really really really really look forward to their wedding, and me helping Sarah in every way I can. Plus, omg, Diane is the best ever (along with her roommate) for letting all of us stay in her apartment and being such a gracious and fun host. Plus, I wrecked people at Ping-Pong. Plus I missed Korean food. Good Korean food. Oh. Plus, omg Moesssssssssssssss. And La Tienda. And Flacos. And the Top. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Now, I'm back at school in Korea. A bunch of my students seemed almost surprised that I was back. I don't know where they thought I was, but it's like I had come back from the dark ages.

Evidently, while I was in America, I was on Korean t.v. A student showed me the video. It's really embarassing. I looked like a fool. It was during the Se7en fan signing. I was interviewed and said some stupid shit like oh my god oh my god oh my god, I met Se7en! I love Se7en! I love YG! Also, evidently a lot of people saw that shit. My students took videos on their phones of me on the t.v. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. So terrible.

Also, I bought tickets to see Taeyang. I will go to both of his concerts, but my seats aren't very good for either day. So sad. T_T I'm not sure who I will go with yet. My co-teacher is trying to get tickets again on Sept. 2nd, but if she can't, she'll go with me on Sunday maybe. And then I'll go on Saturday with someone. idk who.

I'm signed up for Seoul ultimate fall league, plus a hat tournament in September for Soongshil University, which is the boo's team (but not uni, because he goes to Jung-Ang)

It's good to be back. Really good to be back.

xoxo
A

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to leave you a comment since I've been lurking on here for a while. LOL. I'm an Asian girl (Hmong to be exact) from WI, USA and a huge YG fan. I'm also majoring in Education and I love reading your blog and hearing about your days and your students and your YG loving. :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad i got to see you walfy! my doggies are pretty freakin cute, aren't they? i am also really excited to start wedding planning! we should skype soon. next weekend maybe?

    ReplyDelete