Friday, July 16, 2010

School's Out!

Today marked my first day of summer vacation. How did I ring it in? Well, by going to school and working of course.

I know that sounds strange but here's the reasoning.

My last day of school was yesterday. Today, there is one teacher at my school, one office worker and the vice-principal. Oh, and me. Because I am a special kind of teacher, I work through the holidays and am only given 20 days of paid vacation a year. It's the downside to not being a certified Korean teacher here. Granted, my job the other 200 or so days both me and the Korean teachers work is much easier for me than them, so I'm willing to take the trade-off.

I am pretty happy I got to come in today because it meant several things.

1. Free lunch. The other teacher bought my lunch, which was 떡만두국 Or rice cake and dumpling soup. It was really really good and I was happy upon eating it.

2. I was able to finish (mostly) the planning for my summer camps and submit the last bit of paperwork for the camp.

3. I got to watch 전우치, a Korean movie starring the super famous Korean actor 강동원 (Kang Dong Won), who is a total babe. This is the first Korean movie I've watched, which is pretty pathetic given that I've been here for neigh onto a year now. I just don't really like movies. But this one was fucking awesome. If you can find it stateside, and don't mind subtitles, it's hella awesome. Seriously. There are goblins and archgods and taoism and fighting and a beautiful widow and a dog/horse/man/woman. You can't go wrong with that combination.

The bad news is that waiting for me back at home is a pile of laundry, a terribly dirty apartment, and a shower drain that's so clogged, there is standing water in it from my shower yesterday morning. Luckily, I bought some drain-o which will hopefully clear up that problem, and then I'm going to Hooters tonight to celebrate Miranda's birthday and maybe I'll get a new ear piercing? Things are all kinds of crazy for me these days, what with me designing another tattoo, and getting piercings, and watching movies and cleaning my apartment. Who am I and what have I done with wally?

Anyways, time to pack up and head home through the rain. >.<

Oh, and did I mention, second date tomorrow~~~~

xoxo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment