Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hot List 3

This is the third hotlist y'all:

1. Strawberry Milk(딸기우유)~ Seriously, this shit is addictive. From what I've heard from people back home is that strawberry milk exists in the United States, but in my head, it is pure Korean. Especially in the perfectly shaped bottles that are so freakin' cute. Also, I've never noticed strawberry milk in the dairy aisle, although that maybe because I'd found any kind of milk to be perfectly revolting up until the last 7 months. Now, I drink strawberry milk almost daily.


2. New Reflection Eternal songs~ This music is pure fire. Talib Kweli has got to be in my top three MCs of all time list, and the last Reflection Eternal album has always been a go-to when I just can't find the right music. The newest song that they've released (the album doesn't drop til May 18th), "Midnight Hour" featuring Estelle has been on constant repeat on my work computer for the last three days since I heard it. Everyone back stateside who has even the mildest appreciation for hip hop of any form should seriously cop this album and support two of hip hop's best.

3. MacBook~ Seriously, doing everything on this computer is so much more intuitive and wonderful than my old pc. I can upload pictures to facebook without ever logging into facebook's stupid uploader. I can upload videos to my youtube account off imovie without doing any work. It's fucking genius. Also, iMovie is so so easy. I've made two videos already and will be making probably a hundred more. God, it's freaking awesome.

4. My grade three students~ Oh man, these girls are amazing. They spend so much time with me, it feels like they are so much more than just my students. Certainly, some grade 3s are a bit annoying, but by and large they are incredibly sincere and wonderful and sweet and hard-working. Even the bad ones (read: 김사라) are actually interested and working hard and trying to use English. Also, they really want me to learn Korean, and they work with me with more patience than I have with my inept at English students. On Wednesday, I brought my laptop to school and some of my students were hanging out with me and I showed them photo booth. They loved it.

5. Spring flowers!!!!~ I went to Yeouido (여의도) today, and it was really pretty. Being from a place where flowering trees pretty much don't exist (for those of you who didn't know this, palm trees don't really flower), I'm totally not accustomed to see trees and bushes that are virtually all flowers. It's really cool and pretty and spring-y. It's still a little chilly here, but really the trees are gorgeous, and when it's sunny, I feel like dancing because the weather is so perfect in the sun. Here are some pictures from my jaunt into Seoul and the beautiful flowers. As an aside, at the park, there are lots of basketball courts and I balled on some Korean dudes.




That's all for now.

xoxo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment