Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Picnic Day. NOT.

So Friday was picnic day. This means that in lieu of classes, all the students and teachers go to have a picnic somewhere. Some of the students went to Incheon Park and some of them went to New Songdo City, a really fancy economic zone being built in southern Incheon.

Which one did I go to? How much fun was it? How was the weather?

Unfortunately I cannot answer these questions because I was not allowed to go to Picnic day. Instead, I went to school, where there were 3 other employees (not teachers, just staff), and the 7 students who are participating in the song/dance performance at the English Festival on October 28th. Yes, that's right, I missed out on a day of fresh air and sunshine so that I could practice a song and dance for 5 hours.

So it really wasn't that bad. It was actually kind of fun. I finally started to get the dance (although the performance is tomorrow and I haven't practiced since Friday), and practicing was interspersed with HEAVY snacking, which is always right up my alley. Chocolate mallomar type cookies (SO DELICIOUS). Then lunch of jajjangmyeon (Korean-Chinese noodle dish with black bean sauce) and mandu (dumplings), then apples and juice, then McDonalds snackwraps and french fries. Plus, the girls that I practice with are so so wonderful and good and fun, so in the end it really isn't so bad. ^^

Hopefully I will be able to have a coteacher take video/pictures of the song/dance at the festival tomorrow so the whole world can see me with my dancing shoes on. haha. It's not going to be pretty. Of that I can assure you. But it will be funny.

2 comments:

  1. Hah that's funny that you post this because my school's picnic day is tomorrow and at first my teacher was excited that we could go and then she had to uninvite me yesterday because 'assistant teachers aren't allowed to go'. But she told me to sneak out of school after lunch and run home so now I'm happy because I have a half day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really do hope that you are able to capture this on video. Did you, by chance, happen to sneak into the routine a Snoopy dance move? Because I think Incheon just might be ready for it. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete