Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Things I Miss:

1. FUEL- frisbee here is wonderful. Really, it is. I can't even really tell you just how much I am loving ultimate here. The people are amazing and friendly and fun. I spend every weekend with them (thanks Bekah for your couch). But it's still not FUEL. Skype me everyone! Plus, what I wouldn't give for a BoBo, Dani, Kelly house party...

2. Alison Stolow- gossiping on the couch. giggling on the couch. studying on the couch. crying on the couch. watching shitty t.v. on the couch. drinking on the couch (and not on the couch). spending every waking moment of our lives on the couch.

3. Gossip Girl & Greek- along with this, I mean I mean the shows and the people I would watch them with (Paigey, Ali again, Sarah, etc.) Hulu does not work here, so I have no idea what is going on. I am seriously considering spending money to download them on itunes.

4. the LOEF- I have my quilt, and it makes me feel that much closer to each of you. I love you girls lots.

5. Pretzels- I discussed this with Paige, but seriously, wtf, Korea? Why do you not have pretzels? Seriously. All salty foods here are either not salty (the potato chips are either mad spicy or slightly sweet) or seafood flavored (I do NOT want squid chips). I didn't even eat pretzels that much, but seriously, I need something.

6. The 'Bu- public transportation is good for the environment and all, but it is somewhat inconvenient when your bus takes 15 minutes to get to your stop, and then you have to wait for the subway another 15 minutes, just to get someplace that would really only take 10 minutes by car. Plus, the malibu was like my child.

7. My sissy- Mel. That's all there is to say. She's hilarious. Skyping helps.

8. Mochi- ice cream here is good, but not as good as Mochi, and certainly not as good without Sar-bear and Nickipants.

9. the ELI- that job was cake. No disciplining students (they actually wanted to learn english), relatively similar levels, relaxed atmosphere, 10 hrs/week, COFFEE TALK

10. baking- I do not have an oven here, and I have been craving fresh, chewy cookies for the last month. I WANT BAKED GOODS.

In spite of these 10 things I really miss (and trust me there are more, I just can't think of them right now), I would not go back to the USA anytime soon. You would have to bribe me to come back. I'll take squid crackers, kupa, ShinHeung Girls Middle School, and ice cream from the familymart any day.

I fucking love the shit out of this place. Seriously.

Writing down the things I miss, oddly enough, made me realize how much I love it here. There aren't that many things to miss, really. I don't mean to sound callous, or uncaring or cold, although it may seem that I am. Frankly, the people I care most about will stay in my life, and those that don't matter, will exit quietly. I am grateful for that which I have in the United States and in Korea.

Up next: A subway commentary, complete with pictures. Look out on Thursday or Friday.

xoxo,
A

4 comments:

  1. Oh Allibuns, I miss you too! I had Mochi the other day and it just wasn't the same. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, don't spend money to get shows on itunes, go to surfthechannel.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to tell you.. I went to Moe's last week (actually I went like three times last week...), I think it was a Wednesday and there were a ton of asian people outside of Starbucks. I recognized one or two of them from your parties. Coffee-talk perhaps?

    ps email me your address!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tehehe i miss you and and our couch-capades.. I smiled and laughed out loud when I read that.

    ReplyDelete