Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 2... the beginning

Delicious empanada and coffee for breakfast. Time to go exploring I suppose.

Last night, I slept pretty soundly although marta says that I was talking in my sleep. About bicycles or something. And I was peddling in my sleep. haha. whoops.

Anyways, today marta is gong to the gobernacion for her passport, and I will hang out somewhere... palacio de la inquisicion? Who knows really.

Last night a group of soldiers walked by our hostel. There were about a dozen of them, all toting very large guns. It was kind of surreal. There are a lot of police most everywhere, especially in the historic part of town, where all the tourists are. I suppose that's a pretty good thing, all things considered.

This morning alone, a dozen males have honked their horns or whistled at me. The sight of a tall blonde girl roaming the streets of Cartagena is too intriguing to pass up on. Nothing I hadn't experienced in Spain, although the volume is a bitter larger. In spain, there were a few blondes walking around. Here there aren't nearly as many. Hopefully I'll be able to get on later today and post again.

Hasta luego

xoxo,
A

1 comment:

  1. I distinctly remember you mumbling about soccer in your sleep one time. Guess you have sports/athletic related dreams... Have fun!

    ReplyDelete