Saturday, December 4, 2010

Diet

So I'm on this crazy awful diet. But actually it's not as bad as I had originally thought.

Here are the rules:

1. I'm supposed to do really basic exercise everyday (crunches and demi-squats - sitting in a chair and standing up, st down, stand up, et. al.)

2. I must drink 한약 two times a day, 30 minutes before lunch and around dinner time. 한약  just means Korean medicine. It's always a drink and it's always herb based. It's also always hella bitter. It's like drinking all the shitty herbs in the word and dealing with it.

3. I should do acupuncture 2-3 times/week (this is the tricky one as I usually don't have any time during the week)

4. I cannot drink alcohol, coffee, cola, or any ice beverage. So that means, warm water, and room temp juices.

5. I cannot eat pork or ham of any sort, and I cannot eat chicken unless it's skinless chicken breast.

6. I cannot eat anything that contains flour, so bread, pasta, and most noodle-based soups are out.

7. I cannot drink any liquid while I'm eating meals. This includes broth of any soup I might eat and water.

8. I cannot eat any fried foods or snacks.

9. My breakfast should be regular sized, as long as it follows above rules (fine... fruit, granola, etc).

10. My lunch should be about 60% regular size, still avoiding the above mentioned foods (more tricky since I don't get to choose what I eat my school 5 days a week... but luckily there is almost always some fish and rice both of which are okay).

11. My dinner should 없음. This means... no dinner. I am allowed to snack on cucumbers or cherry tomatoes if the hunger becomes unbearable. Aside from that, not food after lunchtime. This is going to be difficult.

12. My diet (what's left of it) should be heavy on onion, 고추장 (spicy sauce), green onion, and garlic. This means that in addition to eating way less than I normally do, I also am stuck smelling disgusting. The upside of this is that I will smell just like 80% of all adults in Korea, so I should blend in.

So that's it. The 한약 medicine is an appetite suppressant so I drink it before I eat and it helps me feel fuller faster.

I've heard people can lose between 8-10 kilos easily in a month on this diet. I don't think I'll lose 10 kilos, but 6-8 would be swell.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment