Thursday, June 3, 2010

Vanity

Korea has made me incredibly vain. Here is the proof:

1. I actually care how I look. I spent every single moment of my cognizant 20-something years not giving a shit how I looked. I almost never wore clothes other than t-shirts, hoodies, and casual jeans or basketball shorts. Now, I coordinate my shoes to my shirts, I belt my loose tees, I own 6 pairs of sneakers (not counting my actually tennis shoes for working out), I wear a skirt at least twice a week, and I wear earrings and a necklace everyday.

2. I wear make-up every single day. Every morning I have to budget an extra 5-15 minutes to apply lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. Previously, I wore only burts bees pomegranate lip balm (the best thing ever). When I was going out, I would usually make the effort to put on mascara. usually.

3. I am that girl who checks her mirror on the bus/subway. I used to hate that girl. "Who cares?" I always thought, "why is that girl so vain and self-absorbed that she has to constantly check her appearance to fix the one strand of hair or refresh the already caked-on make-up?" Well, now I am that girl. I have found that the subway rides can be productive if I spend it applying make up and fixing my hair. I also carry a mirror, a comb, oil control papers, lipstick, lip balm and hand lotion everywhere I go.

4. I take selcas at work. This is the epitome of vanity. I take pictures of my self at work making stupid faces and so I can inspect my new, different eyeshadow color (I lined my bottom lid with blue today) or so I can verify that yes, I am that cute. Also, I edit the pictures to add stickers and textures and various other effects.

Who am I and what became of ReallyWally? I'm not so real anymore.

This all came to me as I was reapplying my slightly faded lipstick at 10:30 this morning between classes.

But, it gets me dozens of compliments, and I like that, so I will probably keep on keeping on with the make-up and dressing nicely.

xoxo,
Beautiful A

No comments:

Post a Comment